Can word do this?

edennorman 10:15 01 Feb 08

Hello

I have a large list of email address's and I would like to delete any double entries.

Can word do this, I have been looking but cannot see anything that could do this.

Your help would be appreciated.

Eden

Gongoozler 10:21 01 Feb 08

The only thing I can think of is to put the list into a table (or into Excel) and then sort alphabetically. This will group the duplicates together so you can easily spot them and delete the duplicates. I'm sure someone cleverer than me could come up with a formula to use in Excel to delete the duplicates automatically.

edennorman 10:31 01 Feb 08

Hello and thank you for the remark with regard excel, but I have never used excel in my life.

Any other solutions?

Eden

Taff™ 10:38 01 Feb 08

Are there just e-mail addresses or other information? I would agree with Gongoozler about using excel however word can sort a table in the same way if it has just the e-mail addresses, each on a separate line.

VoG II 10:47 01 Feb 08

In fact they don't have to be in a table. In Word, select the list, Table > Sort and select by Paragraph.

Taff™ 10:50 01 Feb 08

That cuts out the convert to table routine nicely. Thanks VoG™

edennorman 10:51 01 Feb 08

Hello VoG

Thank you for your reply, I did wonder if word had this function.

Do you think you could explain a little more about how I am to go about doing this.

Sorry to be such a dunce.

Eden

VoG II 11:05 01 Feb 08

Select your list. Then on the Table menu select Sort. A dialog box will appear; in this box select Paragraphs to sort by (this is the default anyway), then click OK.

In Word 2007 it is even easier: select the list then on the Home tab click the Sort button.

You will then be able to spot and remove duplicates manually.

Taff™ 11:06 01 Feb 08

Basically if you have each e-mail address, one per line you select (highlight) them and then follow Vog™`s instructions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac