Can windows switch itself on?

winstonwolf 22:49 17 Sep 03

Is there a programme or something within windows itself that can be used to switch on windows at a predetermined time so as to launch applications with scheduled macros or similar?

QuickHare 23:02 17 Sep 03

That kind of thing sounds like a power management feature and I think you should look at (don't touch) your BIOS settings. Maybe it may have a section for it. Remember to check Windows' Power Management features too. Some may have that feature.

In order for a program to do such a thing, the computer would need to be switched on and running. That kind of defeats the object a little, unless you are using MS-DOS or something...

QuickHare

winstonwolf 23:05 17 Sep 03

I was thinking if maybe the pc was left in stand-by , i'm using xp pro by the way if that helps.

DieSse 23:22 17 Sep 03

"Is there a programme or something within windows itself that can be used to switch on windows"

No - but you can use the RTC settings in the BIOS -

RTC Alarm Resume
This field enables the user to set the option to enable an RTC Alarm (real time clock) to wake up the computer system from power saving mode. When this option is enabled another field allowing the user to set the alarm time on, appears. The additional field has options for date, hour, minute and second.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…