Can Windows Live mail Run at start up.

birdface 17:44 18 Oct 10

Hi just wondering Can Windows Live mail Run at start up.
I don't want Windows Live Messenger to start just the e-mail program.
I usually use Incredimail but that has been a bit Iffy lately, But have to open W/L/Mail up every now and again just to see if I have received any mail.
I have set it to check for new mail every 15 minutes but I get the impression that maybe I have to run Windows messenger at start up for it to take affect.
That I don't want.

rdave13 17:52 18 Oct 10

Try start- all programs and scroll down to the startup folder. Right click and select open. Copy and paste the windows live mail short cut to the folder.

birdface 18:18 18 Oct 10

Tried dragging and dropping it but that did not work.
Using W/7 not sure what you meen about short cut.
and how you get it.
Having another of my dippy days.

birdface 18:29 18 Oct 10

Tried what you said I open the start box and it just says empty and it will not let you copy and paste it in there.

birdface 18:35 18 Oct 10

Ok.Finally got it in start up.Thanks.

rdave13 18:42 18 Oct 10

If the short cut is pinned to the start menu list then drag from there to the desktop which shows up as a link in the desktop. Now open the startup folder. Try dragging the short cut from the desktop to the startup folder. That's how I got it to work.
From the all programs list, windows live folder, you should be able to copy and paste to the startup folder.

rdave13 18:44 18 Oct 10

Sorry, I was typing whilst you replied!
My keyboard isn't very fast :(

birdface 18:44 18 Oct 10

Just got to wait untill someone sends me some mail.
Thanks for your help will class as resolved but will return if I get any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now