Can Win XP run GW Basic?

pj123 15:39 02 Apr 06

I am running Win 98SE and I have written quite a number of "silly/simple" Basic programs. They all run fine in Win 98SE but will they run in XP?

VoG II 15:41 02 Apr 06

They may need to be run in compatibility mode click here

pj123 15:50 02 Apr 06

Thanks VoG™. My next door neighbour has XP, so I will see if he is willing to give it a whirl.

DieSse 16:37 02 Apr 06

This might help click here;read=1219

There is lots about this around if you google for - gwbasic with winxp - A consensus seems to be that you can, with a bit of fiddling, but qbasic runs much better, if you can convert them to it.

DieSse 16:39 02 Apr 06

Whoops - just paste the ;read=1219 bit onto where you get to - and you'll get to where I intended.

pj123 17:50 02 Apr 06

All now running in Q Basic. So will they run in Win XP?

Again I will try to get my neighbour to give it a try.

ices 13:09 19 Apr 06

I have 2 quite extensive GW basic programs which run very well on XP with only ONE problem. I can't get them to print using USB ports.
have a quick look at click here to see my efforts

pj123 14:34 19 Apr 06

Thanks for all the responses. Have just checked out these Basic programs (which were written a long time ago when I first did my City and Guilds)

I have 24 .bas programs and all but 2 of them can be done so much easier in Excel.

They are mostly conversions. K to M, C to F, Sterling to any other Currency, etc.

There is only one I can't seem to get my head round yet (maybe VoG™ can help me).

Number of "tiles" to tile an area. Input the area required (eg. 20ft x 10ft, input the size of tile eg. 2ft x 2ft to get total tiles required)

I can't work that one out yet. All the others I have successfully done in Excel.

The other one is a silly game which I don't play anymore but have just tried it and get a "Division by 0" error.

VoG II 14:54 19 Apr 06

With 20 in A1 and B1

2 in A2 and B2

Tiles required =(A1*B1)/(A2*B2)

pj123 15:17 19 Apr 06

Thanks VoG™. Problem solved. Don't need any of these Basic programs now.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…