Can we stop "Post Response"

pj123 14:09 29 Aug 04

Sometimes I haven't got my brain in gear and I click on Post Response and then realise I should have added something else. I then have to do another response like "Sorry, I should have said"...... etc.

I think there was a post sometime ago along the same lines like "I wish there was an Edit facility" so that if it is posted it can be edited without making a new response.

_plAsma 14:11 29 Aug 04

yer, i agree - you should be able to edit your own posts and perhaps delete them.

id still think these forums are the bessst ever even if they didnt have those features tho :p

stalion 14:12 29 Aug 04

I expect we all do it sometimes,I normally wait a few seconds now before posting just incase I think of something extra.But I don't wait to long else VOG beats me to the answer lol

VoG II 14:14 29 Aug 04

stalion :o)

I also would like an edit facility but we've been told before that it is not a practicable proposition for a site like this with so much traffic.

watchful 14:15 29 Aug 04

That would be useful as you usually think of something to add just after you've clicked 'Post Response.'

cga 14:17 29 Aug 04

Mee too!!!

It's a great idea but I cannot begin to imagine how you would acheive that with asynchronous posts and freeform text.

cga 14:18 29 Aug 04

VoG™ beat me to it again. types faster than me!!

pj123 14:20 29 Aug 04

Not necessarily an Edit facility, but maybe a Cancel to stop the response being posted so that anything else can be added and then re-posted?

Djohn 14:22 29 Aug 04

I sit up all night waiting for a post that I can answer and still VoG™ beats me to it! :o(

stalion 14:22 29 Aug 04

it is the same as sending a email once you send your modem takes over so you can not stop it.

Graham ® 14:26 29 Aug 04

Hi,I think when you have pressed the button, the response has already gone and can't be stopped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…