can we have

wunup 20:04 23 Jun 03

a silly postings section for when we get bored and just want to say something daft. I know that there are a few of you out in the wilds of computer world who are capable of posting some sillyness. It could turn out to be funny. How about post-a-joke. Or post-a-poem for the more serious and arty people out there. A selection of background music to calm the nerves. You may think this is stupid and wonder why i log on here.
Well its because...I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO.

JoeC 20:28 23 Jun 03

things like this ?? Not saying anything daft, but a daft website.

click here

wunup 20:42 23 Jun 03

Yes, excellent, a bit of stupidity now and again.
A good laugh keeps you young and, funnily enough, happy

wee eddie 22:40 23 Jun 03

In your plans to rule the world - Why don't you create one your self?

This place is for boring old folks who have no sense of humour and have never been known to pull anyones leg or post anything remotely amusing!

If you hang around a while, you will find the occasional glimpse of humour or just a bite of sarcasm.

We will all welcome your presence, and if you give everyone a chance they might to shine a light on some problem you have.

You do have the occasional problem? Don't you?

JACC 22:43 23 Jun 03

i thought most of the things i posted were stupid ,although they weren't supposed to be . I agree a little light relief should do us all good .

Gandalph 00:38 24 Jun 03

You could of course click here and join the rest of us where we retreat to have a laugh and a cry from time to time. Also there are some very good postings and they don't take forever to load onto your screen.

monkeyshine 00:42 24 Jun 03

Was about to suggest that, but it's risky doing it here!!!

woodchip 00:42 24 Jun 03

and if you do you may get the chop

Forum Editor 01:22 24 Jun 03

that you'll "get the chop" for posting a link to another forum is beyond me.

The reason that some forums don't take forever to load is that they have hardly any traffic compared to this one.There's obviously a little bit of difference between three hundred odd members and over 100, 000.

We don't have joke pages or anything like that because we're a serious computer help forum. We have a huge membership and very high traffic rates, and we got that way by sticking to what people really seem to want - proper advice for people with computer problems.

There are literally thousands of chat-type forums out there - none of them have more than a few hundred participants at any one time, and most of them are full of fairly inane chat about nothing in particular. Arguments and personal abuse is commonplace, and the humour consists of the same tired old mix that's found in most school playgrounds. We aren't planning to join that sector of the Internet, but I accept that there's a ready audience - albeit a minority one - for that kind of content.

Over the life of this forum we've found that quite a few people extol the virtues of other forums while continuing to use this one..... I rest my case.

monkeyshine 01:45 24 Jun 03

No one would doubt that this Forum is one of the best resources for help with computer related problems. It is simply a matter of not being able to accept criticism in any shape or form that bugs us. 100,00 members means nothing if 99,000 are no longer active and that is obviously a trade secret - advertisers would probably like to know how many are on line during a 24 hour period, but that will never be disclosed - will it?

Deleting/locking critical threads does nothing to enhance the Forum, most of us have seen them before deletion - that is, of course, probably 100,000 ACTIVE members.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…