Can viruses be tranfered through VPN client ?

field divison 15:35 16 Jun 05

I was wondering if anyone is experienced on Nortel’s Contivity VPN Client, which logs me into the company’s local network, I only use this to check my mail through my MS outlook & synchronize it. Now the Q, is there a potential for my system to send a virus to my company’s network and cause major problems?
My O/S is 2000 Pro, and I have full admin rights on pc.

LastChip 22:23 16 Jun 05

first let me say I'm not familiar with your particular network.

A VPN is a conduit through which data can pass and it attempts to keep anyone else outside from looking in. The data itself however, can be corrupt, have a virus or Trojan or any other nasty embedded and a VPN will do nothing to stop that.

I would asssume however, your company server has an adequate anti-virus solution to avoid that possibility and of course, your own computer should be similarly protected.

field divison 13:28 17 Jun 05

Thank you Lastchip your information has been useful, I do run most spyware guards and adware protectors, thanks for taking the time to explain to me the VPN client.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…