Can user access supervisor's account in Windows XP

Done and dusted 10:18 26 Jan 06

I have XP Home with four named users, I am the supervisor. When I log into my user account settings have changed in Word and Outlook Express since I last used them. My son is a student studying IT and much more knowledgable than I am. Is he able to access my user account by some means I don't know to change settings on the computer?

Graham ® 10:28 26 Jan 06

You mean Administrator? Is it password protected?

Done and dusted 10:31 26 Jan 06

Yes sorry Administrator and it is password protected.

Shortstop 10:37 26 Jan 06

The reason I ask is that I tended to use the same password for loads of different things. A while back, my son wanted to buy something on Euyer and I wasn't able to go online. 'No problem' said my son, 'Your password is XXXX isn't it?'

No problem about him knowing, but it highlighted a possible issue. Now I use different passwords tailored to what the application is.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Paul

Done and dusted 10:49 26 Jan 06

I do use different passwords. Is there any way he could overide them?

Graham ® 10:54 26 Jan 06

There are password revealing utilities freely available. I can't point you to one as it's not allowed on this forum. Try Google.

Mikè 10:58 26 Jan 06

There is a no password admin account accessible from within safe mode, best to give it a password just to be sure.

Done and dusted 11:03 26 Jan 06

Thanks guys - will try Google. I will look for some names and try running a search on them on C drive. Not really sure what safe mode is.

VoG II 11:10 26 Jan 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…