Can u upgrade laptops as easily as Desktop pcs???

InquisitorNik 13:16 30 Jan 03

Just coz i wanna buy a basic laptop, then upgrade it, or wold it b cheaper just 2 buy a high tech laptop straight away??

woodchip 13:18 30 Jan 03

No only hard drive and ram mainly can be upgraded

Paranoid Android 13:19 30 Jan 03

Buy what you need to start with, upgrade options are very limited and VERY expensive.

Marvin

spikeychris 13:21 30 Jan 03

Cheaper?, well that depends on the price ;o) as for upgrading. Physically its not that difficult and in some notebooks its a doddle. Some have an access panel at the back for RAM and the hard drive is sat under the keyboard, the processor is also easy to get at.

Chris

hgrock 13:34 30 Jan 03

I thought the answer to this was obvious, you can find parts for the pc everywhere, did you see laptop parts? also parts are not interchangable if you hav a compaq you have to get compaq parts, i had a floppy drive replaced on my laptop cost £125 including shipping and they wouldn't supply it had to return the machine, a floppy on the pc cost £8

spikeychris 13:35 30 Jan 03

Mr Chip makes a good point >> if you want to upgrade the CPU ask if it is soldered to the board..if it is then its a no no..

Chris

woodchip 13:43 30 Jan 03

Chris will you please keep an eye on this, going down for some din din click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…