can u help

ollie < one> 18:30 02 Jul 03

i have just purchased a nec dvd rw nd-1300a drive it reads cds ok but when i try to write to this drive using the supplied software(instant cd\dvd) i get an error message saying that the nec drive is not ready. nec drive is on ide 2 and set to master i have checked on device manager and it says this drive is working properly. previously i had a cd rom drive (d) and a cdrw (E) since having removed the cd rom(d) and replaced with new dvdrw , (d) is now a vobid instant cd (E) is now dvd rw and (F) is now cd rw does anyone know how to reove this (d) drive so that dvdrw will become (D) and cd rw will become (E) also where did this virtual drive come from and why many thanks

howard60 20:25 02 Jul 03

making the dvd drive a slave and put it on the ide 1 cable with the hard drive - this sometimes works but no guarantee. Worth a try - also go into the bios and let the automatically detect drives option run.

graham√ 20:35 02 Jul 03

'Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject'

woodchip 20:38 02 Jul 03

If you have XP you will have to disable XP writing software

woodchip 20:41 02 Jul 03

PS also go into Device Manager and remove all CD drives then restart and Windows will reconfigure the CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…