can two computers share one monitor

mec13 18:21 24 Jun 06

I'm told two monitors can be used on one computer, but what about the other way! two computers sharing one monitor. My reason for asking is that I have two computers with their own screens (don't worry one is an 'old banger' with a CRT screen) of course my newer one is a flat screen thing, which is much better viewing.

Is there some sort of a '2 into 1' connector which make it possible for both computers to use my flat screen monitor, without having to unplug from one machine into the other. I know the easiest option is just to purchase another flat screen for my old machine, but I'm trying to make more space.

Just wondering if I should have gone to the absolute beginners forum, but that would have given away my lack of computer knowledge, oh well, now you all know.

woodchip 18:27 24 Jun 06

98/Me are older operating systems, and therefore inherently more vulnerable to attacks.
This is where I differ, Virus writers go for the most prolific OS i.e XP so they get maximum effect.

Also IE as most people don't know anything else. Plus it's there cos MS put it there.

My Opinion for what it's worth, pressing this changes from one comp to the other

woodchip 18:29 24 Jun 06

Sorry about that it was still on the clip board from another post when I pasted it.

I have a Hansol 17ins Crt Monitor that as BNC and serial connections Two comps can be connected and switched from the Monitor

ed-0 18:53 24 Jun 06

A KVM switch is what you want click here. You can get them from almost any PC shop. click here

spuds 19:03 24 Jun 06

This will do the job click here

Personally, I got my adapter set-up from an Hong Kong company who advertise on eBay regularly. Paid about £12.00 all in, with 5 days delivery.

spuds 19:11 24 Jun 06

Here's another type from Belkin click here That price is one of the cheapest around, you can pay quite a lot more for the same product elsewhere.

mec13 20:46 24 Jun 06

thanks for your help, much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…