can text size on web sites be in increased

sunways 15:22 30 Oct 05

On some web sites, but not all the wording is so small it is very hard to read. I am not aware of any changes to my set up, but it has not always been like this !. I have no problem in reading any thing from my PC. As i say it is only on some (perhaps most web sites) but not all. Any help would be much appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:38 30 Oct 05

what browser are you using?

Firefox and IE6 allows magnification by presing control an using the scroll whell on the mouse.

Kenneth-266656 15:45 30 Oct 05

Go to View - Text size - choose to increase or decrease

Djohn 16:07 30 Oct 05

IE6 will not allow resizing of text in most forums, Firefox and Opera will allow and it does not cause the text to deteriorate in any way. As above use Ctrl key on your board and the scroll wheel or from the toolbar, View/text/increase.

it does make a big difference, especialy in PCA forums.

PaulB2005 16:23 30 Oct 05

Haven't found a single forum where you can't resize the text in IE.

Hamish 16:24 30 Oct 05

In IE6 on this forum using Ctrl key on your board and the scroll wheel does allow you to change the text size.

Djohn 16:30 30 Oct 05

Your correct Hamish. My apologies, it is only since the new update, and I had not tried it since then as I use mainly Firefox. It was not possible with the former layout, as it was the only issue I ever had with PCA and hence my use of Firefox. The change is a welcome one.

Hamish 16:30 30 Oct 05

In IE6 it does not work in computeractive forum click here

PaulB2005 16:36 30 Oct 05

Weird - i can make the buttons at the top get biger and smaller but not the main forum. I see... Could it just be a focus issue?

Hamish 16:38 30 Oct 05

Djohn,

Yes, you are also correct I also use Firefox and as you say it did not work in the former layout and it also does not work in all IE6 web sites. That is why I like Firefox

Hamish 16:40 30 Oct 05

PaulB2005 - Glad its not just my eyes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac