Can talk on MSN but no Internet?

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 19:01 13 Apr 04

Help needed. My mate can talk to me on MSN, however cannot connect to the Internet. To save you all time, here are the limits of what I know that he has tried, but I am puzzled. He clicks on the Internet icon nothing happens
Start / Programs, again nothing happens, it keeps crashing when he tries. I suggested he go to control panel / internet / options / connections / settings.... This is displaying 'Never dial' (He is on Broadband) I suggested he press set up/ Internet wizard. Failed to load the load the helper wizard
Privacy settings are medium. Cannot open emails. Sent BBC link, nothing…not even a white page that says cannot download page, or could not find connection to Internet. He is running Windows 98 second edition, and has recently had to reinstall his entire system.

keith-236785 19:12 13 Apr 04

If he puts his win98 cd back in and re-installs over the top, he wont have to set up any other hardware, just wait for the autorun, choose setup/install windows.

follow the onscreen instructions. hopefully this will resolve the problem.

keith-236785 19:29 13 Apr 04

does your friend still have a modem (dial up)in and connected. if so it is possible that msn is dialing in and using that, but you have told the internet not to connect to a dial up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…