Can see my Slave Hard Drive

remis 01:25 11 Jan 06

Can see my Slave Hard Drive

Guys,

I also need help with a similar situation.

I just change my primary HD to a new SATA hard drive. I always had a slave in my computer. This slave is a regular 30gb IDE HD.

I loaded Win XP Pro on the new SATA hard drive and it works great.

The issue that I have is that Windows does not see the old IDE HD. I do see it in the bios and it is enabled but looking in Disc Management or My Computer does not show up.

Is there anything that I did wrong or is there anything that I should do?

Please Help!!

Graham ® 09:30 11 Jan 06

How is the slave connected to the motherboard? You may have to connect the slave to any CD/DVD IDE cables.

Chegs ®™ 11:03 11 Jan 06

If you get a 98se bootdisk from click here will allow you to use DOS to format the drive to FAT32,patition with FDISK etc.The only possible reason I can think of for the drive not showing in XP is if its filesystem is a linux variety(EXT2(3),etc)

Chegs ®™ 11:04 11 Jan 06

click here this...

remis 13:02 11 Jan 06

Sorry I did not give enough back ground.

this Slave HD has always been a Slave. did not change the ribon, did not plug it into any CD/DVD IDE cable....all I did was change my defective Primary IDE HD to a new SATA HD.

It was working perfectly before that....I have backup files and folders in there so it has been formated in the past with NTFS.

Thanks for those reponses anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…