Can receive but not send e-mails

s99Raj 14:09 20 Jun 05

I have ntl broadband and all seems OK until I use Outlook Express. I also have Norton SystemWorks 2005 and Norton Internet Security 2005 installed.

I can receive e-mails no problem but when I try to send I get this message from Norton :

Your email message was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the message.
452 Message rejected

The number 1003,11 appears in the bottom left hand corner.

I've been to the suggested Syamntec website which tells me to turn off outgoing messages being scanned for viruses but this has had no effect.

Does anyone have any ides please?

Joe R 15:00 20 Jun 05

s99raj,

looks like you're not the only one with this problem.

click here

wobblymike 15:01 20 Jun 05

My first thought is to check your POP and SMTP addresses to make sure you haven't made a wrong entry.
Open Outlook express select tools, accounts, the select your account and select properties - then click the server tab and check that your SMTP address is correct. It should be the same as your POP address except it will read smtp.XXXXXXXX.
This would appear to me to be 1st thing to check as received e mail works.

lotvic 15:09 20 Jun 05

did a google - it seems loads of others have this prob with ntl :(

could be server blacklist for Spam, or
click here
"There is something wrong with the SmtpMail.SmtpServer. Typically the disk is full, or the mail store is full, and it can't accept any more email at this time"

Chetnet the Unofficial Ntlworld Forum

NTL Email Error: 452
click here

s99Raj 18:55 20 Jun 05

All the settings are definitely correct.

I phoned ntl and they say the problem is at their end and they'll try and sort things out in the next few. days. I don't really have much confidence in them but I can only wait and try again later this week. This sort of thing should not happen and if it does should be sorted out straight away. It's been like this since last Friday - 4 days ago now.

CLONNEN 19:30 20 Jun 05

Your SMTP settings should be the same as the internet connection you are using to connect to the internet. eg. If you are using Virgin Broadband ALL your email accounts should be set to smtp.virgin.net otherwise none of your emails will go anywhere.

Incoming email settings such as POP3 and Usernames and Passwords remain the same as originally set.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…