Can only get front middle speaker to work

SpyMan {:o)){--< 18:49 13 Feb 04

Just had my new PC delivered...everything seems good apart from one problem.

I can only get front middle speaker to work. I have tried every combination of plug/socket that is possible but still the same. The paperwork that came with my computer is terrible and only shows the wire set-up of older graphics cards and ones that are colour co-ordinated while mine is not....please help.

How can i make sure that 1 digital output is not enabled???

hugh-265156 18:50 13 Feb 04

what soundcard and speakers/amp etc are you using.i take it its connected via 3mm analogue jacks yes?

SpyMan {:o)){--< 19:10 13 Feb 04

Soundblaster audigy 2 zs platinum and creative t7700, i found the digital output thing but it isn't enabled.

Just re-installed soundcard again but still nothing

regards

SpyMan

hugh-265156 19:24 13 Feb 04

ok.i have a soundblaster live 5.1.should be similar though.

if using analogue jacks from soundcard to phonos on speakers click here pic.you need three leads.

connect the center/sub to the orange socket on the soundacard.

fronts to the green socket.

rears to black socket.

cycoze 19:27 13 Feb 04

check the jack plugs are in the correct holes first , orange is nearest to the firewire , black goes next hole and green in the next .

You dont need to enable the digital.

cycoze 19:29 13 Feb 04

your link has been barred from that server.

hugh-265156 19:32 13 Feb 04

pants! pic didnt work.its different colours from sb live anyway.click here for pics of connectors to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…