can not use pc. blue screen

redsusan 16:51 06 Nov 09

I have a big problem trying to fix son's PC. He has a blue screen that comes up with message at the bottom.
STOP 0x0000007e(0xc0000005 0x82335c21 0xf894ec48 0xf894e944),I believe he has allowed a virus to get through but haven't a clue how to get the PC to start and try to get rid of it/them .Is it possible to do myself or has he killed it for good this time.when i run it in safe mode (f8?)the screen offers different ways to proceed but none work.

Windows xp
Firefox

rdave13 19:29 06 Nov 09

The nearest I could find to this error is; click here
Hard drive full or driver problems or even hard drive failing.
Can't help, sorry, but this will bunp the thread in case someone more knowledgeable can.

redsusan 20:21 06 Nov 09

Thanks for replying to me rdave13 doesn't seem to help me much though, don't know what to do now, might have to take it in for repair, I'll wait over the weekend and see if anyone comes up with a solution.
Susan

Jollyjohn 20:27 06 Nov 09

Unlikely to be a virus - more likely a corrupt driver. You will need a Windows cd of the correct type installed on the pc. Boot from the pc and at the first screen that offers the option to install or repair choose install. The cd will continue and examine the hdd and should find the existing installation.
You will then get the option to repair the existing installation. It will run as if doing a new installation but it will preserve all your data. You will need the installation key - from the sticker on the side of the pc or on the cd box.
If you do not have this and you skip entering it on the repair you will then have to activate windows before you can log on.
If you need to install any drivers to get an internet connection you will not be able to and you wont be able to activate windows and so on

redsusan 21:29 06 Nov 09

Thank you so much, will go over on Monday and try this

Susan

rdave13 22:11 06 Nov 09

Jollyjohn's suggestion is a valid point. XP repair and caveats, click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…