Can not use hard drive

mike153 19:01 17 Jan 05

I have two hard drives one 40GB which is the primary drive and has Windows XP kept updated, my other drive is 14GB and has just data on it recently in my computer it shows no details for this drive even though it is there I recovered all files I needed using recover my files but now I cant format this drive I have tried using my Computer and partition magic 7 PM7 crashes after restarting to format it and My Computer gets to the end of formatting and then says a file is in use and the format cant be finished

bremner 19:53 17 Jan 05

Use Disk management in XP.

Delete the partition and then make a new partition and format.

This usually works.

mike153 20:31 17 Jan 05

How do I get to disk management I have used search and it does not find it I tried this in PM7 and it did not work

bluesbrother 21:30 17 Jan 05

You should find something you can use here. click here

Completealias 23:38 17 Jan 05

Disk management control panel / adminstrative tools / computer management. Disk management is on the left hand side

mike153 19:52 20 Jan 05

It is a Maxtor drive and I have tried their utility and it makes no difference at all whatever I do, also disk management would not complete the deletion of the partition, I have checked the physical connections but there is nothing wrong

bluesbrother 02:44 23 Jan 05

Assuming you do not have two seperate drives but do have one drive with two partitions, have you tried using Partition Magic to merge the drives?

If you do have two seperate drives, you might want to try fdisk click here;en-us;255867

bluesbrother 02:46 23 Jan 05

Sorry. Keep forgeting about MS links. If you click the link then paste

;en-us;255867

on to the end, you will get there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…