Can not start windows

Amilyag 14:06 08 Jan 03
  Amilyag 14:06 08 Jan 03

After updating Internet Explorer 4.0 to 5.0, i can not start windows. The update from 4.0 to 5.0 did not complete, so i tried to uninstall 5.0 to try to reinstall it and that is when I get an
invalid page fault in model unknown errer. Can not even start in safe
mode or with the startup disk to access the cd. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BBez 14:10 08 Jan 03

try starting the PC with a startup disk (floppy) and at the a:\ prompt type "scanreg /restore" without the quotes and put a space in between the g and /. Select the most recent backup which should restore your registry and let Window$ startup...

Kobayashimaru 17:18 08 Jan 03

If Restoring the Registry dosn't work then the only option if a full reinstallation of your windows operating system. Internet Explorer is a core componant of Windows and Microsoft have made it that if it's incomplete or missing then Windows will crash.

K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…