Can not see the other computor from my laptop

bowie 21:29 20 May 06

Hi,
Wireless network using linksys router,can see laptop and all laptop shared files on my desktop but can not see my desktop from my laptop,i can connect to the internet from the laptop with no problem.
Help anyone
thanks

ade.h 21:34 20 May 06

click here Lots of threads with much the same question. You need to sort your client firewall permissions. This is expected behaviour if you have set it up like that deliberately but you just need to tune the permissions in your trusted area and network protocols.

Forum Editor 23:31 20 May 06

Moving it there now.

Strawballs 23:33 20 May 06

Does your desktop have a firewall if so is the IP for the laptop in the list of trusted IP's

ade.h 23:46 20 May 06

See my post ;-)

mgmcc 07:56 21 May 06

I assume you have actually set at least one folder as "shared" in the PC and that both computers are in the same Workgroup? In the laptop's "My Network Places", try entering the path to the PC directly into the address bar, either by name or by IP address, e.g.

\\computername

\\computername\sharedfolder

\\192.168.1.x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…