can not remove trogan

iqs 17:39 22 Jun 05

hello,i have win xp and nis .i have just actioned a virus check,and was informed i have one....eied s7 c 156.exe.download.trogen

i followed the instructions to reomove and quarantine.but it is still present.my definiitions are up-to-date.so why?????
i was told to go on line and use nortons own scan.but this requires installing active x.is this recommended?.please any help appreciated.many thanks,mike

VoG II 17:43 22 Jun 05

Nothing dodgy about installing ActiveX but why not try a² click here

Snec 18:04 22 Jun 05

Is it possible to copy and paste actual message?
Because, you understand, even if you swap g for j to make trojan there is no info anywhere.

What gave you the message btw?

wee eddie 18:07 22 Jun 05

You have just installed a Trial Anti Virus Program and it is warning you that this Trojan is present.

basell 18:53 22 Jun 05

Iqs

I have used this site for help you will have to register.
click here
Download hijackthis from the web run it and post it in the spyware logs forum they will help you.

iqs 19:59 22 Jun 05

hi all,and thanks for all your suggestions.i have just used nortons on-line virus scan,and it found no virus .very odd?.

VoG....i have downloaded the program you suggested.i have not scanned my pc yet.many thanks.

Snec....thankyou for pointing out my incorrect spelling ; ).the message is identical as it appears on norton.many thanks.

wee eddie.no,i installed norton over 4 months ago.many thanks

basel..i we use your link shortly.many thanks

it continues..once agin thanks for your help.
regards,mike

iqs 23:37 22 Jun 05

hello again.
any help?... Downloader.Small.34.V

thanks,mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…