can not remove from start up

toonfireman1 21:05 26 Jan 03

Some how "weather bug" box pops up every time I start my computer.
It is not in the settings and control panel so I can not install there, I have tried there web site and it says click the icon on the screen which I have and select Termnate.It does not say any thing like terminate, this has been going on for a while I have contacted them with no avile.
I do not think it has been installed fully although I am not sure where it came from.

jazzypop 21:12 26 Jan 03

"It can be removed from startup by running MSConfig from the command line (Start / Run, then type msconfig), clicking the Startup tab, and in the Startup tab, un-checking "Tray Temperature."

Source - click here current/rev100106.html

If you have programs installing themselves without your knowledge, it would be sensible to install SpywareBlaster from click here (which will prevent many unwanted visitors), and AdAware from click here which will detect and remove any others that you may have already.

Paroxetine 21:17 26 Jan 03

u dont mention the OS that you have, but try

Start, Run, MSCONFIG and then enter.

You should be able to the select what programs start at boot up and there should be something there that is related to your program. Or try Start, Programs, Startup in the Start menu.

Hope this is of some help.

P

Mad Boy 21:42 26 Jan 03

Why not open my computer, C: , Program files, Then see if you can find the prog there, If so an uninstaller may be available or just delete the file (not always recomended) best to try and remove it.

If not a trickier method (for beginners) is to look through the registry and delete appropiate settings.

Start>Run>regedit.

Usually this directory:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>software.

There are various other places though which it may of being mislayed!

Regards, Mad Boy

VoG™ 22:17 26 Jan 03

It is spyware click here

I suggest that you start in Safe Mode (so it won't load) and run AdAware click here or Spybot click here to remove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…