can not remove Internet antivirus Pro

blackrat89 09:30 17 Jan 09

Hi gang , haven't been here for a while . A friend had internet anti virus Pro.on her laptop . she has run out of warranty on the machine and wanted to remove IAPro and get AVG. she managed to remove the prog via add remove , but the request for renewal keeps reappearing and blocking any further internet use , I saw that the prog is still in program files but the UN-install file just flips to jpeg of the UN-install icon any help would be much appreciated.
she is running explorer and windows pro.many thanks in anticipation . mitch

Sea Urchin 09:40 17 Jan 09

Not a genuine anti-virus program but a rogue program - get rid of it using

click here

blackrat89 09:50 17 Jan 09

As I cant get passed IAPro on her laptop I cant download any freebies to help .But thanks for the suggestion

Sea Urchin 09:57 17 Jan 09

You could download the program onto a flash drive and then try to install it from there onto her laptop

AndySD 09:59 17 Jan 09

Have a look at click here

blackrat89 16:56 17 Jan 09

Hiya gang , many thanks for all assistance , all sorted managed to put onto flash drive and download onto her laptop .thanks again .

blackrat89 16:56 17 Jan 09

as above many thanks all .

Sea Urchin 16:59 17 Jan 09

Glad to hear it's sorted - thanks for the feedback

tadasops 01:20 20 Apr 09

just in case anyone actually gets infected by this thing, here are removal instructions to take care of it:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…