can not install win 98

rolandrat 18:42 18 May 03

i am trying to install win98 onan old pc.
when putting in start up floppy i manage to get to the A:\ promp and write E:\setup then i get an error message cdr101 not ready reading drive E
can anyone help

keith-236785 20:40 18 May 03

the start up floppy you are using, does it give a menu asking if you want to start with cd support. did you choose option 1 (start with cd rom support), if so then put in the win98cd and type "e:" press enter, then type "setup" press enter. this should then start your setup. only problem i can think of is if the cd rom is not a standard cdrom. if you have already done all this i appologise, have you checked that the cd isnt damaged or dirty. hope this helps

malith 07:05 19 May 03

Does any one know how to transfer a file directly from Internet ftp sever to my ftp space in the web?? Normally I used to do this by downloading them to my computer & transferring to my server by using Cute FTP. But I don't know how can I do it directly.Thanking u in advance!

Andsome 08:19 19 May 03

You cannot expect many replies to your question unless you start another thread with an appropriate title.

pj123 11:29 19 May 03

You seem to have three threads running all asking the same question. Can you tick two of them and stick to just one?

The Transporter 11:34 19 May 03

unless you have partitions D: is your cd-rom drive

It should tell you what drive you cd-rom is just before it gets to the a: prompt.

It should boot from the cd-rom itself though.

In the bios on first start up go into the boot sequence and set the cd-rom as the first choice.

Then save and reboot the pc.

Make sure the cd-rom is in the drive and the pc should read the disc and boot straight from it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5