can not install sound card

SLEEP 00:08 07 Apr 04

DEVICE UNKOWN (ERROR CODE 28) KEEPS COMING ON SCREEN. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

stourry 00:35 07 Apr 04

try this link may help click here

ade.h 00:36 07 Apr 04

click here Microsoft seems to think this code refers to USB device problems in Win 2000, so I'm not certain why you're experiencing it. Other sites that came up in Google associated this code with a few different hardware installation errors.

Could you tell us what OS, sound card and motherboard you're using?

Also, make sure you have the right driver for your OS and that any previous sound card is properly uninstalled in Device Manager (found in the Properties of "My Computer")

SLEEP 23:23 11 Apr 04

I HAVE TRYED REMOVING THE SOUND CARD AND REPLACING IT. IM RUNNING WIN 98 THE SOUND CARD HAS DIAMOND MULTIMEDDIA DIA90014012 CN53 SONIC IMPACT S90PCI PRINTED ON IT. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE MOTHERBOARD

VoG II 23:27 11 Apr 04

YOU 'RE CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK.

AndySD 23:35 11 Apr 04

The unknown Device is the new card and error 28 ....install the Drivers.

If you have onboard sound on the motherboard disable it in the BIOS/Setup before installing the new card.

SLEEP 23:36 11 Apr 04

No its not i had caps lock on !!!!!

SLEEP 00:15 12 Apr 04

I have gone into the BIOS setup but can't find anything relating to on board sound. I don't know alot about BIOS set up im a beginer

AndySD 00:19 12 Apr 04

What is the Motherboard? If you dont know then use this free program to give you the details click here

Michéal 04:36 12 Apr 04

Sleep, I must say I sympathise with you having followed all the advice given in the post - I too have had the same problem - I've Windows 98-SE and I had followed the help but in doing so I may have deleted the sound card by mistake and I cant get it to auto detect the sound card, despite using standard and generic sound drivers from Microsoft or q-tech - I also got a code 28 with PCI Multimedia Device at startup and trying to play sound files

harps1h 07:54 12 Apr 04

to get into the bios press del on start up. look for a title intergrated/onboard peripharals.
there usually is something built into the like a sound card, modem or graphics.
if it is there, scroll down onto it and press enter. that should then give you the option to disable it.
once you have done that press esc., then F10 which ask you then "do you want to save" then press y., the computer will restart its self and the on board sound will be disabled.
you should also look at the boards book if you have one and if you don't it will tell you on the board its make and model. then go to the manufacturers web site where you should find an online manual.
hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…