Can not find webcam

tooter 20:11 26 Jun 10

I have a 3 year old Novatech laptop running Vista, which has a fitted Webcam that has stopped working. (It did work when I first purchased it). When I select the “Video View” icon from the desktop the picture box appears but is blank alongside another box with a message saying “Sorry you have no video capture hardware. Video capture will not function”. I searched for the Webcam in Device Manager / Imaging Devices but there is no sign of it, only the printer is listed. I thought Vista searches for all devises that are connected so why can it not find and load the Webcam. The only things I have changed from new are to add a Logitech wireless mouse, HP scanner/printer and connected to Netgear wireless modem. Thanks for any help

onthelimit 20:34 26 Jun 10

Mmmm - doesn't look promising for the built in webcam. I'd be tempted to try a cheap separate laptop camera - click here - for a tenner, it's worth atry?

mole44 06:00 27 Jun 10

had the same trouble with a friends Advent laptop,i even tried restore to no avail. Spent hours trying to find and sort a fix,then it sudenly stared to work,i`m still mystified,me thinks computer are taking the mickey out of us humans.sor this is no help but might explain your plight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…