Can not erase dvd rw

dp600 07:14 17 Jun 07

i have a DVD-RW 4.7GB>I can not erase it have tried win xp and nero 7.Bit each time when i loook at the dvd in properties it is all blue and i can not put anything on it.
Thank You.

missingit 07:26 17 Jun 07

This will not be of much help,I had the same problem yesterday.Tried as you have,Windows and Nero,the disk started to lock up my PC,couldn't even read the thing.

Solution:waste paper bucket.

dp600 07:28 17 Jun 07

i thought it might be :(

eedcam 11:23 17 Jun 07

Had this from time to time .Sometimes If you have a dvd recorder Formatting will do then erase in the pc. ust thought i not an unfinalized disc from a recroder?

prince midas 14:15 17 Jun 07

I have copy of Nero 6 as well as 7 on my computor & 6 will always erase CDs & DVD. Try it it is free.

pj123 14:42 17 Jun 07

I have had too many problems with Nero 7, so I uninstalled it and went back to Nero 6.

Just tried to erase a DVD-RW using Nero 6 no problem at all.

So as missingit says. Could be a duff DVD?

dp600 09:38 18 Jun 07

thanks for that will try 6.

dp600 10:30 18 Jun 07

Thank you have downloaded nero 6 but can not seem to uninstall 7.and 6 will not install till i do.

kindly 10:49 18 Jun 07

I had much the same with my DVD recorder conected to TV. I found that recording a bit more on it then formatting worked.

BRYNIT 13:54 18 Jun 07

Blank/erased DVD-RW are shown as full/Blue when viewed from properties in my computer unless you are using a program like Nero InCD that is set to format the DVD-RW when inserted.

Have you tried to write data to the DVD-RW using Nero.

johndrew 13:59 18 Jun 07

This is free for a bit longer click here but whether it will be any different to Nero I doubt. Only positive is that it is free and if everything else has failed .....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…