Can not delete emails from ISP using Outlook

StellaArtois63 20:08 02 Aug 09

I currently use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and when I delete an email is does not clear it from my Virgin email account. I get loads of email so in no time at all I keep getting messages from Virgin to say my email limit is full, so to empty it I have to log on to Virgin to do so, which to be honest is a pain.
I have searched all the settings and I cant find anything obvious and I am wary to change anything because knowing my luck I will end up getting no email at all on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

woodchip 21:01 02 Aug 09

Sounds like you are getting mixed up with Virgin mail box and Outlook Inbox these are two different things. Your Mail box is on the Server. With my Server they are removed when I start my Mail Program as they are delivered to my My Mail Inbox in Netscape From there I can send to trash etc. But if your Mail Server is getting Full you need to change settings on the box in Virgin settings box

beeuuem 21:07 02 Aug 09

Open Outlook > Tools > Accounts. Opem the Virgin properties > Advanced tab and untick the check box 'Leave a copy of messages on server;
This will delete mail from the Virgin server only when you have downloaded them.

StellaArtois63 23:11 02 Aug 09

Sorted many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now