can not connect to net with belkin router

glodog 22:10 18 Sep 07

I have two dell desktops and a dell laptop i have a my essentials wireless g router (belkin)the router is connected to my wifes desktop and i am able to connect to it without a problem with my laptop but when i try to connect to it from my kids desktop using a linksys wireless usb network adapter it shows in the status bar that it is connected with excellent signal strength. but it will not connect to the net or e-mail.
any help would be appretiated. thank-you

mgmcc 08:39 19 Sep 07

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

There is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

glodog 09:21 19 Sep 07

I have tried to view available networks and connect but the window that opens has no available networks shown and says if i am having trouble to click advanced and window appears to be highlighted and no buttons can be pressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5