can not connect to the internet

Rob 66 20:09 06 Jan 12

new laptop hp pavillon g series for some reason im not getting any wireless signal but i am bluetooth iv tried the connection manager but there is no wirless device showing i avnt go a clue please help thanks

birdface 20:29 06 Jan 12

Have you turned the wireless connection on on the Laptop.

Usually a switch on the front or side.Or the use of Fn keys.

Also go into Services and make sure WLAN is set to automatic.

Have you tried Turning the Router off for a minute then turning it back on again.

Rob 66 20:49 06 Jan 12

thanks for the reply but none of them fn key nothing no on or off switch
now all im getting is the ethernet synbol in the tool bar its not even searching for a conection but thanks any way

Rob 66 20:54 06 Jan 12

in the wlan autoconfig properties (local computer) local system account is ticked

birdface 21:04 06 Jan 12

Ok maybe you don't have the Wireless switched on on the laptop.

Must be a switch or a combination of keys to open it.Maybe give us the actual model number of the computer or go to the HP website and download the manual for it.Or it should tell you on the manual you received with the laptop.

Rob 66 21:19 06 Jan 12

the only name or number i can find is hp pavillion g series

birdface 21:39 06 Jan 12

Try underneath.

Rob 66 21:41 06 Jan 12

MODEL NUM A3S18EA#ABU

birdface 21:56 06 Jan 12

Is there a button on the top of the keyboard that looks like a wireless signal If so press that and see if that starts it.

Rob 66 22:07 06 Jan 12

yer tried that just turns the bluetooth on and off,it was working a week ago but stopped all of a sudden thouht my son must of done something to it but after looking at the manual i guess there must be a fault with it so ill ring them tomorrow but thanks for your help buteman

birdface 22:10 06 Jan 12

Try Connecting it to the Router using the ethernet cable and see if it works ok like that if so remove the cable and press f 12 to se if that starts it.

Not sure if this is the correct manual or not .

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02973502.pdf

If not you can get the proper one from HP.

Sorry but I have to go now i hope you manage to get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5