can not burn cd's with nero

night flyer 21:26 10 Dec 03

Hi hope everyone is well,right i'll try and explain.my machine is a AMD 800mgz 768 ram running windows XP pro.had it a few years got Nero and burned lots of cd's with no problems,then i tried some new cd's that were supposed to be able to burn more info 99 minutes.
they did'nt work so i threw them.but since using them my cd writer wont burn any more using NERO.
but it works fine using media jukebox,the problem is i can't use that to make backups of my programs it only burns audio cd's.i'm sorry if this is a bit jumbled but i hope some one might be able to help. thanks in advance

plsndrs3 21:58 10 Dec 03

^Bump^

Jester2K II 22:04 10 Dec 03

So whats happens or doesn't happen EXACTLY when you try to make a data CD?

Error messages? Funny sounds?

When you tried the 99 min CD does your Writer support "Overburning"? Sure you didn't kancker the Writer attempting this??

Tried re-installing Nero?

plsndrs3 22:04 10 Dec 03

I must admit that I never knew a 99 minute CD existed!

Have you set Nero to Autodetect the disc or chnged any settings? Maybe it is looking for a bigger disj than you have? What about Nero burning music - or is it all a no-go? What about XPs own burning software for data? I would guess that the burner is OK [you burn music and, at the end of the day, that is just data in a different format as far as a computer is concerned] so I think that the fault lies in the software. Therefore the best solution could be uninstalling Nero then re-installing it.

Quiller. 22:05 10 Dec 03

I think I get your drift. :)

When you tried to burn to the 99min disks, did you try to fill the whole disk or write more than 710Mb of data. If you did, did you upgrade the firmware of the writer to accommodate 99min disks, that's if there is a firmware upgrade for 99min disks?

You see the laser has a very small variance for slight overburn,80min 700Mb disks. If you overburn by say 10-20mb the laser can alter very slightly to accommodate the extra space.

Although you can burn audio c\d's.If you push the laser into to much over burn you risk damaging the whole unit. This can and has in the past rendered some burners useless.

Sorry I can not be more possitive.

Quiller. 22:10 10 Dec 03

Jester2K II and plsndrs3 idea of reinstalling nero does sound a very good idea.

night flyer 22:15 10 Dec 03

thanks for the input, i did try to use the whole 99 minutes and i thought i'd broke my cd writer, but if thats so why does it still work burning audio cd's with media jukebox.i've tried reinstalling nero with no luck, all sorts of errors reported fixation error,cd drive not detected,i've had this prblem for a few weeks now and have searched using google for answer's but with no luck.sorry if this is a bit jumbled but i'm lost as to what to do next.
i did'nt try installing new firmware my cd writer just say's justlink on the fron and it's 20x10x40x.

thanks again for trying

night flyer 22:19 10 Dec 03

i have to go to bed now,i've got an early start tomorrow thanks to every one who's tried i'll check tomorrow night when i get home.i need to burn some picture's of my 7 year old daughters xmas concert to send to her grandad in london so he can watch them on his dvd.

thanks again

TommyRed 22:27 10 Dec 03

If you need to turn XP's own writer back on reverse the procedure set out in my post click here HTH TR

plsndrs3 22:34 10 Dec 03

Based on the postings by J2k & bsod, and given the fact that you have tried uninstalling & re-installing Nero, I think that the burner may have had it.

I believe [do not know, mind] that the burner may still be able to burn music due to the different ways that they are applied to the disk - in simple terms data is burnt onto a much narrower bandwith than music and this is why CDs can always hold more data music [mp3] than audion [wav, for example].

Try using XP's own burner but, if no joy, you will most probably have to replace it.

Paul

busby78 22:57 10 Dec 03

check your using Data CD's and not audio then try another software burner such as Roxio easy CD creator to test your writer, if it still doesn't work you will probable need a new writer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…