Can not be connected.

fion 17:46 18 May 06

I have moved house and upgraded to wireless boradband recently. BT sent me a voyager 2091 and voyager1055 (wireless adaptor), i have installed both of the programs into my pc. The 2 icons on the right bottom hand side showed they have got a very good signal. But for some how that it can not be connect (It said LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY).
Called the BT helpline, they said it's something to do with the security of my computer's manufactory. Asked me to call them and they will sort me out.
It's because i have never heard a computer's security will not allow the computer to go wireless boradband, so i just wander it's that true or i have mess something on the ip address??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 18 May 06

Do you have a software Firewall?

You may need to check your fiewall settings to allow the PC to connect to the router.

Cogent1 21:04 18 May 06

Some routers require you to have encryption keys enabled before you can connect to your wireless network. If you look at your router's software help file under WEP it will explain how to set encryption to prevent unauthorised use of your network. This is probably what BT meant when they talked about security. You IP address is usually assigned automatically. Your router has a gateway address which is preset. Have you 'messed' with any of your router settings? Are you using ethernet (ie a cable connection) between your router and computer? You need to have this initially to set up the router.

ade.h 21:19 18 May 06

You will, as Fruitbat suggests, need to configure the required permissions in the network section of your client firewall.

mammak 21:19 18 May 06

Firstly you need to set-up your router via Ethernet the home page for BT is click here once you are connected you must enter the pass phase 13 digit key
In to your 1055 adapter it should have installed as wep 128bit encryption the key can be found on the underside of your router on the coloured label, then double click on the green status area and enter the key and confirm good luck.

fion 00:49 19 May 06

Thank you very much for yours reply!!! i will try all the menthods, wish me luck!!!
Thanks again!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos