can not access router after creating a bridge

coolcity 18:38 20 Jul 07

Network 1 has an sonicwall TZ170 wireless router with a remote vpn setup. Network 2 has an Linksys WRV54G wireless router. I think I disabled the DHCP on the linksys and set up the wireless part, setup global client on network 2, and then bridged local connection to vpn.I assigned the bridge connection an static ip 192.168.0.1. the connection works fine, i am able to up load data from the laptop & desktop from Network 1 to network 2.Here is the problem. I didn't secure my wireless access on the linksys and i can not get access to linksys to change my settings. when i ipconfig the pc on network 2 it shows 192.168.0.1 as defualt gateway. not sure this if this iscoming from the router or the bridge connection. any suggestions on how access the router. When I put this IP address in IE i get a blank page back. Thanks in advance

Ashrich 00:07 24 Jul 07

If you disabled DHCP then the router is no longer giving out IP addresses and therefore doesn't have one itself , you will have to reset the router to regain access , set it up as before , remembering this time to do the security bit , THEN if you need to , disable DHCP .

Ashley

coolcity 04:16 27 Jul 07

thanks ashrich, I thouhgt that was the case, I just wasn't sure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…