Can not access bios

carver 19:19 24 Jan 04

Ever since I fitted a new Monitor last week I have not been able to access the Bios on start up.Monitor is a Liyama Prolite E413S, win xp, mobo/ Gigabyte GA-7N400-L, Athlon 2600xp with a Geforce FX5600 graphics card. The reason is I want to fit a new Sound card to replace the onboard sound so I need to disable the onboard sound, but every time I press the delete on start up, all I get is a blank monitor with no power to it. I've got a DVI to DVI cable to the monitor, before this I had no problems at all getting into the Bios, all suggestions will be gladly welcomed as I am stuck.

bremner 19:40 24 Jan 04

I have an iiyama TFT connected via DVI cable and since doing so I do not see the normal boot up screens and so getting into the BIOS was haphazard.

I have found that by holding down 'Del' and switching on the machine I do enter the BIOS.

The other way, if you have a normal D-Sub cable is just use that temperorarily to make the changes you need.

carver 19:57 24 Jan 04

Thanks for the response, I do have the D-Sub cable and I'll try that, one other thing , is it advisable to disconnect the DVI cable or can that be left connected.

bremner 20:16 24 Jan 04

Disconnect it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac