Can no longer drag and drop in Windows XP

Phil930 15:49 18 Dec 04

I use Windows XP Pro SP2 and have never had this kind of problem before. The computer is very up to date (a64 system) and only a few months since my last HD format.

My problem is i can no longer drag any files, Its very frustrating, for example:

1) I want to move shortcut from desktop to taskbar, which i have always done by dragging it down. Well, no i can't drag it down there.
2) In my docs, i wanted to move a file into a new folder i had created. Previously i would select the file, hold down left mouse button and drag it ontop of the folder, then release the mouse button, and the file would move. Now, i can left click the icon, hold it down but not drag the file at all.

What option have i by mistake hit that is stopping me from dragging and dropping icons all over the place?

Phil930 15:56 18 Dec 04

I wanted to add the following:

The problem only just came on about a day ago. I am using a Logitech MX510 mouse which had full functionality, but, i turned off the computer and unplugged the PS/2 mouse and then re inserted it and turned on the computer again.

Now i can drag and drop.

Strange problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…