//some 3rd party need geo

Can my laptop emulatte a USB drive?

paul_tim2000 18:16 18 Jun 04

I do work for a couple of companies who will not let me run my own laptop on their networks (for understandable reasons.) I try and put everything I need onto a USB flash drive but inevitably end up having to move this backwards and forwards between my Laptop and a networked PC. Not a show stopper but a real pain in the proverbial.
Can I get anything that will let my laptop emulate a flash drive or similar so I can just plug my computer into the USB port and access all my data files (don't want to run prog's from the laptop). Can't install drivers or software on my customers network so it needs to be some kind of emulator I guess.
Any ideas?

Totally-braindead 18:56 18 Jun 04

I don't know if it can be done so perhaps someone else will help, but as a suggestion what about an external USB drive, they're getting reasonably cheap now and they're not that big to carry about. You could still use it yourself as well on your laptop or home PC.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 18 Jun 04

a usb link cable might be what you need click here have seen them at £16 at computer fairs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…