Can it be recovered?

TommyRed 07:58 22 Apr 03

My next door neighbour had the recorders disappear from Nero, this was a similar problem which I resolved re-installing from the CD-ROM. He deleted his existing version through add/remove programs and tried to re-install it through my CD-ROM. Needless to say it didn't work because mine was bundled to the CD-RW, now he has no burning capabilities. My question is can it be recovered? and if not what are his options, he's a disabled man of senior years and I don't think buying new Nero software is an option.
TR

matt5705 08:54 22 Apr 03

as uv left no details about the computer it could be a driver

barrie_g 09:03 22 Apr 03

if he's using xp he may be able to recover it by doing a system restore to a point before he uninstalled it.

why cant he just reinstall from his cd? if the cd is damaged and he still has the product key he will be able to use this to enable full function for a download of the latest version from the nero website.

-pops- 09:05 22 Apr 03

If he previously had Nero, he should have a product key. If he has, then you can download the latest version of Nero from their website. Insert the key and away you go.

If necessary, you can buy a Nero disk from click here for £14. This will be out of date but, again, you can use its product key and download the latest version. You can download the latest version anyway and if it doesn't detect a previous version of itself, you can use this for a month while you get yourself sorted out with a key. Note my source for obtaining Nero is cheaper than getting it from Nero themselves (they charge $69)

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac