??Can It Be Done??

The_$@!nt 23:31 12 Jun 04

I would like to link my PC to my HI-FI and my PC to my TV so that I can listen to music from PC on HI-FI and watch films etc. from the PC on the TV.

Can it be done? If so how? And what would I need to buy?

*Links Please :)

wawadave 23:59 12 Jun 04

hello
yes you can lisson to music from your computer on your hifi.you may need a sound card or on board sound with line out and a 1/8 stereo to rca duel connectors. and a couple of double ended rca cables to go from those to hifi line in.
next you will need a tv card for your computer.
you have tiger direct now in uk have a look in there site for what you need. there are many others sites to look at allso.

Dumble452 12:15 13 Jun 04

Budget option

click here

and you will need one of these

click here

plus a splitter jack plug if you want to retain your pc desk top speakers without having to keep plugging and unplugging connectors

-Beb- 12:43 13 Jun 04

If you have a decent soundcard then you can use a digital connection (either optical or coaxial) to you hifi, this provides much better sound quality and means you dont have to unplug the speakers

jack 14:13 13 Jun 04

sound from Hi-Fi
3mm jack plu line from headphone out on Hi-Fi to Line In on 'puter assuming you have sond and speakers etc.

TV - Tv in is dodgy best way to buy a PCI /USB Tv reciever card/box- lots of makes -look in the maggies/PC World - one make is Hauppage they even do a digital version with its own hardrive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…