Can I use Win XP on 2 PCs ?

Tinkey Winkey 21:51 19 Jun 04

I have just built my first PC( any praise welcome!) and installed the original windows Me disk from my old PC ,which I'm guessing is probably illegal but as I've paid for it already I don't really want to spend more unecessarily.

I am using both PCs in the same house - one as a backup basically.

I'm thinking of getting windows XP OEM and want to know if I would be able to use it on both my old and new PCs ?

I am aware of the single use license but want to know if this has been done, or has the anti-piracy/code activaion built into XP made this impossible?

Does anyone know of 'a friend of a friend 'who has been able to do this sucessfully please !?

:)

wee eddie 22:13 19 Jun 04

PCA could not endorse the breaking of such a condition of purchase.

I am sure that if you learn a far eastern language - some one will tell you. I am told that it is easy in Belarusse as well.

Sapins 22:18 19 Jun 04

Nice log in name, fall off the back of a lorry?

Night Ryder 22:29 19 Jun 04

I believe this is quite possable. Windows XP requires that the system is activated within the first month of install. You will be reminded every time you boot up your PC until it has been activated. Activation is via the internet or you can contact microsoft. In your case, I should contact Microsoft for assistance if you wish to install on two PC's

goonerbill 22:42 19 Jun 04

even though you are not meant to, you can with winxp pro if you so wish as it works with registering. winxp home you might be able to but with the registration and activation of the home edition, if its not registered within a certain time certain bits are disabled.

also, if you are networking your two pc's xp pro would be better as xp home dont have networking capabilities.

Forum Editor 23:09 19 Jun 04

(End User Licence Agreement) to try to activate Windows XP on more than one computer, and I'm afraid we don't support requests about how to beat the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…