can i use a usb keybord in dos

Rocker 22:40 23 Jun 04

hi all i have a usb keybord im trying to restall windows 98 but keybord wont work when pc is started using the windows 98 boot disc. can i turn usb suport for dos in the bios i have got a K7S5A motherboard. thankyou.

woodchip 22:43 23 Jun 04

Only if the Bios say's it supports it

woodchip 22:45 23 Jun 04

Only if the Bios say's it supports it.

PS you can get a USB to ps2 adapter so it fits in ps2 keyboard port at the back of comp

Rocker 22:55 23 Jun 04

thanks woodchip how will i know if it supports it what do i look for in the bios

woodchip 23:08 23 Jun 04

USB keyboard,,,, the instructions are normally bottom right, if you do not know how to navigate BIOS. check pages other than password or default you do not need to go into these to find it

Rocker 12:11 24 Jun 04

hi in my bios under features setup i found usb function for dos will this make the keybord work in dos. meny thanks

Forum Editor 12:42 24 Jun 04

but if you have a problem you can always convert the USB keyboard connector to a PS2 type - any good computer shop will have a little adapter that does the job. Then you don't have to worry - plug the adapter into your machine's PS2 port and stick the USB plug into it.

Make sure you do this before you boot the computer.

woodchip 14:53 24 Jun 04

Thank's FE for keeping an eye on the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…