can i use sony usb dv camcorder as webcam with

frankie 18:39 28 Feb 03

can i use sony usb dv camcorder as webcam with the cameras mic as mic..as i can get the video on netmeeting clear as you like,but for the life of me cant get audio on it.have checked settings on netmeeting ie test audio the slider is turned up full but no sound,mic is not disabled in audio propeties have checked menu on camcorder audio is on.should there be something like audio usb in system/hardware.as there isnt.have xppro.all advice gratefully accepted as is bugging me cheers

y_not 14:33 01 Mar 03

^bump^

frankie 17:40 01 Mar 03

any advice today most well come.i mean what does bump mean?????????????????????

Hello frankie, I am just having a guess at this, but have you opened your audio control center? You can usually access this by double clicking the volume control in the system tray. Once there, you will need to go to recording devices page (on my machine thats options>properties then select the recording option). I would imagine that yours is set to use the standard microphone for recording, I suggest that you try selecting some of the other options to see if you can get your camera to input audio.

Bump is simply a way of moving your thread back to the top of the list. If someone sees a thread that has no answers posted, which has moved down or off the first page, they will often bump it to give it a better chance of being read and answered.

Good luck with the above. Regards, Mr. Mouse.

frankie 20:08 01 Mar 03

interesting have found that will check it out thanks for response..also y_not for bumping now know what that is.<thought you was being funny> just my inexperiance but learning is coming on thanks to this site cheers all..

Stuartli 21:55 01 Mar 03

I use NetMeeting (with a mike) and Line In, Aux In and Mono In are all muted on the Volume Control panle.

It was worked out by trial and error when orginally installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…