can I use same copy of ms office 2003 on my home

SANAP 16:05 21 Dec 05

Is it leagal to use same copy of ms office 2003 on my 2 home pc's.? Seems a bit harsh expectiing me to buy more than 1 copy.

sanap

PaulB2005 16:05 21 Dec 05

No.

PaulB2005 16:06 21 Dec 05

I need a car for my son - can i steal yours?

VoG II 16:08 21 Dec 05

Erm - yes you can. I think the limit is 3 installations.

anchor 16:14 21 Dec 05

I read this:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
1.1 Installation and use. You may:
(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other device; and
(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.

PaulB2005 16:28 21 Dec 05

"I think the limit is 3 installations."

Student and Teacher Edition only.

--
(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.

I was told that had now been scrapped since the September license changes.

PaulB2005 16:31 21 Dec 05

From MS Website

Q. How many times can I install Office 2003 Editions?

A. You can install one copy of Office Professional Edition 2003, Office Small Business Edition 2003, and Office Standard Edition 2003 on your main computer and another on your laptop computer for your exclusive, but non-concurrent use. To install a version of these Office 2003 Editions on more than these two computers, you must obtain another license for the program.

You can install Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 on up to three computers in your household if a household member is qualified.

You can work with Office 2003 Editions at your desk and when mobile. Note Licenses for the 2003 release of Office acquired preinstalled on new computers are single-computer licenses that cannot be transferred or installed on another computer.
-----
I'm wrong on the PC and laptop issue but it doesn't mean you can install it on 2 PCs.

SANAP 17:17 21 Dec 05

thanks for replies. That bit about a laptop floors me. Can I disguise my other PC as a laptop? only joking.

sanap

PaulB2005 17:25 21 Dec 05

The point of the bit about the laptop is you cannot use the two concurrently (i.e. at the same time). So you can buy a copy of Office and install it on your PC and your laptop. You can use the PC in the Office and the laptop when out and about.

Oh and i re-read the last bit - "Note Licenses for the 2003 release of Office acquired pre-installed on new computers are single-computer licenses that cannot be transferred or installed on another computer." So i was half right on that...

PaulB2005 17:40 21 Dec 05

Oh and it must be you using both copies - not secretary / wife / kids / mates on the laptop etc...

dagbladet 17:46 21 Dec 05

"Dad, can I use the computer to make a thank you card for Granny"

"Absolutely not! the licence doesn't cover you"

Thats got that off my chest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…