Can I use my PC as an alarm clock?

kenwyn 11:07 03 Sep 08

A PC - the most high tech bit of kit in any teenagers bedroom -contains their favourite movies, music - a link to every popular radio station in the world - oh and a little clock in the bottom right of the screen. The thing is, I've never seen a bit of software which will switch the PC on at a certain time in the morning,and then load a particular piece of software (itunes or windows media for music,as an example) and proceed to blast the bedridden juvenile until they wake up. We used to call them alarm clocks & yes I know you can now get radio alarms which you can dock your ipod to, but surely they are far more lo-tec than what a modern PC is capable of??

Technotiger 11:20 03 Sep 08
  kenwyn 11:26 03 Sep 08

Thanks for the link to a google page. Interesting that the might google could only find 10 pages (based on that particular search anyway). I clicked the first link and there were so many page redirects going on I thought I was sending morse code! - anyway, concerned at where I would eventually end up, I terminated that link... another 9 possible to try...

kenwyn 11:28 03 Sep 08

.. second link ends up as a search for "cheap arifares'(sic).. not looking good...!

bjh 11:57 03 Sep 08

Technotiger's first link takes me to a Google hit of 453,000 possible hits - not just ten pages!

The first, to PC Alarm Clock Pro, is a paid program that does exactly what you want.... as do many others.

If you want a free aplication, put "freeware" into the Google search in addition to his suggestion, ie click here=

(I'm more concerned that your computer is giving you different links to Technotiger and me!!!)

Technotiger 13:03 03 Sep 08

I clicked the first link and there were so many page redirects going on I thought I was sending morse code! - anyway, concerned at where I would ...

Hmm, I don't understand what you are finding?? The first entry in my link above gives click here

Technotiger 21:14 03 Sep 08

I see you have ticked as Resolved, glad you are sorted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac