can i use my mobile phone for a wireless modem?

ecclesk 17:20 24 Feb 05

please help, i have a motorola t280 with data cable and software can i use it as a wireless modem to access the internet?

i'm using tiscali for dial up on my land line, can i use the same account if connecting with the mobile.

the instructions are very vague that came with the phone/software.

any help/advice would be greatly appriciated.

FelixTCat 19:12 24 Feb 05

The short answer is "Yes" but it will be very expensive. You also have to have the correct type of mobile phone account.

It will not be the Tiscali account - it will be one provided by your mobile phone account provider. Try going to their website; the information you want will probably be there.

Forum Editor 23:38 25 Feb 05

you can use the same Tiscali dial-up account via your mobile phone as you do via your landline - you don't have to use any special mobile phone account.

Your phone will be recognised as a modem by Windows, and all you have to do is set up a separate Windows dial-up connection, specifying your phone as the modem to use.

It will work perfectly (I do it often when I'm working from my car), but be advised - it's expensive and pretty slow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…