Can I use my laptop as a 2nd Monitor

JohnnyAlucarD 21:15 31 Dec 04

Hi I wonder if someone can help me - I have a Dell 8300 desktop and a sony vaio laptop - is it possible for me to be able to connect the two and use the laptop as a second monitor? I don't know if that's possible. If it is would someone be able to tell me how to do this? I want to use duel monitors for photoshop and 3D modelling. Basically I can save on having to buy a 2nd monitor if I can work them together.
Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Technotiger 21:33 31 Dec 04

Hi, this should be possible, I think. I believe the Sony has a Firewire Port so If you have Firewire Port or TV Card in your pc it should work. I have TV Card in my pc and I use TV as second monitor to record pc operations onto vcr. Hope this helps. Happy New Year.

JohnnyAlucarD 21:35 31 Dec 04

Thanks very much, I'll give that a try. Happy new year to you!

dogtrack 21:42 31 Dec 04

Yes, if your Graphic card allows dual connection. You will also need a DVI to VGA converter if you are already using the VGA port. Would have thought it would be better to buy a small & cheap secondhand CRT monitor in reality. You should be able to get a 15" model for next to nothing.

woodchip 21:43 31 Dec 04

No but it should work the other way round

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…