Can I use a dvd writer on my current system?

Grudgie 18:40 08 Feb 04

have been given differing advice for suppliers. Currently have a 3 Year Old PC (Athlon 700, TNT 32mb Graphics, 512 mb RAM, 100 GB Hard drives). I intend to change PC in about a year - it is serving my purposes at the moment, but in the meantime would like to install a DVD writer. Is my current setup up to the job? I am looking at buying either LG, MSI, NEC or Pioneer DVD writer. Suppliers seems unable to actually confirm one way or the other, does it depend on software I could use?

Replies appreciated

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:47 08 Feb 04

Shouldn't be a problem.

G

westdudes 19:16 08 Feb 04

shouldn't be problem, may i suggest though that u don't set the write speed to high for the computer to handle....for example...in some fairly older computers i have been aware of the computer not being able to allow the drive to write at its best speed (although that aint recommended anywayz)...i know that problem dosen't happen on most pc's...but it has been known...anywayz...shouldn't be at all a problem to install it :)

Grudgie 19:21 08 Feb 04

Many thanks for your responses, now feel happy to go ahead and order writer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced