Can I use this DELL monitor to watch DVDs ?

Antonio Machado 22:16 22 Jan 09

Hello experts !

I spend a lot of time in front of my PC and I remembered I have this small DELL monitor in my closet so I was wondering if I can connect it to a DVD player to watch my favorite movies. Now at the back I just see this "15-pin D-sub connector" so I wonder what kind of cable should I buy to connect it to a standard DVD player ? or should I check if at the back of the DVD player there is a special outlet for an specific cable ? Please see the following link and scroll down until you see the "15-pin D-sub connector" identifying and explaning the elements of it. As for the audio signal I have no worries since I plan to plug the audio cables directly from the DVD player to the "Auxiliar" connector at the back of my beloved Cambridge Soundworks FM Tuner so I have a nice sound while I watch my movies. Thanks in advance for your insights, best, Antonio.

anskyber 22:34 22 Jan 09

click here Please try to use one thread and update it rather than creating a new thread. Thanks.

Can you explain which DVD player you have and the connections it has? Can you link to it as you have with your monitor? Its about the DVD player as much as the monitor.

Ta.

DieSse 23:49 22 Jan 09

If you have SCARTs on the DVD player you could use this

click here

But as askber says, it's the outputs on the DVD player that are important - you've told us the input on the monitor, so we know that end.

Antonio Machado 00:54 23 Jan 09

Hola !

thanks for making time to answer my question. The DVD player I intend to buy is this one:

REG/Pioneer_DV_410V_K_DV_410V_K_DVD_Player_Black_.html

and the DELL monitor E153FPc I already have is this one, please scroll down to see the only connector it has:

click here

What do you think ?

DieSse 01:25 23 Jan 09

One of these should do it then -

click here

BigCam 02:14 23 Jan 09

Hi
As its a PC monitor hooking it up to DVD may not work as the dvd outputs on the Horizontal scan at around 16Khz and the monitors minimum is 30Khz
If you have a DVD drive on PC maybe best option would be a twin output graphics card
Using the option in Display to extend desktop to second monitor and nudge the dvd player or WMP prgram onto the second monitor
BigCam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced