Can I use Captcha on Instant Web Site forms?

Iluaf 21:36 15 Mar 07

Hi :))

I have a cheap, instant web site, which does the job! Recently however, my contact form is being heavily spammed. I contacted the host (1&1) who said nothing could be done & I should just treat the spam via my email, but this dosen't work, as I still have to wade thro it.

I believe a solution maybe Captcha. I got the script for it via Form mail.com & hot Scripts, but when I paste the script in to my contact form, it dosen't work. 1&1 have told me it will not work.

I have been told many different things by different people & really just want someone to sort it out for me.

Does anyone know

1. If it can be done
2. Can I do it?
3. Anyone else who could do it for me.

So far I have been given the following advice, but I am not sure how I link to it, since where would the link exist?:

You should still be able to upload the captcha script to your web space and link to it (as we do through a pop-up window) from your site. Simply create a link to it in your website and remove your current contact form. I doubt that you can 'insert' the captcha program into your website software but you should still be able to utilise it?

What do you think?

Thank you,

Sally

Nellie2 21:46 15 Mar 07

I've never added a Captcha script, but someone was telling me about this the other day click here perhaps that may work for you.

Iluaf 22:23 15 Mar 07

Thanks Nellie. that does look very interesting, but still not sure how I could physically apply it. Hopefully someone can advise :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac