can i use 2 sound cards

brandy45 20:21 20 Nov 04

i am using 5.1 surround sound which uses all the plugs at the back of the sound card.
now i have a T.V. card which needs 2 plug spaces leaving me with sterio on the T.V. and the same with my movies can i put a cheep sound card in for the T.V. card and use my best card for my 5.1

Mysticnas 21:00 20 Nov 04

Most likely this will result in conflicting IRQ settings, applications/windows will get confused as to which one to use.

You CAN choose which sound device to use from the sound control panel for each type of sound, wav, midi and so on, but as far as i know you can't select which program uses what.

Yet another twist on this... i do remember my TV card i used allowed me to choose the sound source etc...

If you have onboard sound i suggest enabling it and plugging TV card audio into that, and using your 5.1 card main use.

But to be honest i don't think it'll work.

Audeal 21:29 20 Nov 04

I have an external capture device which needs sound so I use a splitter plugged in the speaker output to send sound to my Speakers and to my capture device. I don't have surround sound but Can you use the same system on your card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…