Can I upload a website to 1&1 hosting?

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible for me to upload a website I created in Adobe Muse to 1&1 web hosting or do I have to use their built in website builder?

Aaron G.

Woolwell 16 Jun 12

Their FAQ's are usually helpful see Intro to web hosting For your own site then you will have to use a FTP client.

spuds 16 Jun 12

I use and have used 1&1 for a few years now, and have found them a very helpful and obliging company to deal with. If you have any questions or problems, then I would suggest that you contact them direct. Because it would depend on how and what you want to download. I have no experience of Abode Muse, so I wouldn't now the actual answer you are seeking.

Another point worth mentioning, is that they do have 'special offers' on now and again on packages, and the discounts are perhaps worth considering.

I have signed up to 1&1 web hosting and got a URL. My URL status says applying for the past 24 hours! What does this mean?

spuds 17 Jun 12

Its just going through the administration process. If there's a problem, contact 1&1 direct.

If you have purchased a domain, check with Nominet http://www.nominet.org.uk I have always found them very helpful.

Thanks spuds! I purchased the domain yesterday, as I am allowed 1 free .co.uk domain with the 1&1 £6.99 package. How long does the admin stage take?

spuds 17 Jun 12

Shouldn't take long, but remember that it would most likely depend on how quick 1&1 gets paid.

Perhaps worth mentioning, that 1&1 will send a reminder abour 4/6 weeks before renewal of domain is due,whether that is one or two years of domain, and will take funds from the source you have provided, unless you notify them before re-payment is due. I find this very helpful, because it save you forgetting, and perhaps losing the domain.

If you go to the Nominet site, there is a UK domain checker, which will tell you if a domain as been registered in your name. EU domains are a different system.

Spuds, nominet says the domain isn't registered despite me purchasing it yesterday! I assume it has something to do with the fact it is a weekend? Could I expect it tomorrow or Tuesday?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message